Just a few things I want to remember.
- Seeing Ms. Munro watching and smiling from the wings as we danced Crows.
- Elizabeth joking about getting caught on stage at the start of Act 2 and hiding behind Abby’s throne and popping out when we turned Abby around or being Abby’s arms from behind, etc.
- Actually almost getting caught on stage at second act.
- Jessica laughing at me when they started the wrong music (our music) and I instantly snapped into place in Winkie mode.
- The uncontrolable laughter before the curtain rose because of Act 2’s pre-shenanigans.
- Seeing Abby’s intense face while she was in character
- As well as hearing the kids gasping from the front row.
- Mariela coming to see us.
- The Crows’ genuine love and support for me
- And how they cheered and made a fuss every time I entered the room.
- My munchkins never wanting to leave my side.
- Butter. (the dog. Our toto)
- Andie in a bonnet
- Everyone calling me Mom. I love that so much. I love these girls.
- Mrs. Jane beaming as she watched Elizabeth side-stage. “I want to be Elizabeth when I grow up.” “Me too.”
- Seeing Elizabeth watch the other dancers side stage in her beautiful costume THAT SHE MADE WHAT THE HECK
- Sweeeet Caroliiiiine BUH DUH DUUUUH
- and the rest of the songs that caught on in the dressing rooms
- having the dressing rooms next to each other and being able to spend time with everyone
- Anytime someone said, “It’s too hot” a choir of “hot damn” being the reply.
- The epic death of the Wicked Witch that was impromptu.
- All of us coughing from the fog machine
- Getting to give flowers to Abby at the end of the Beeville show (and to Elizabeth at the end of the other shows.)
- The other Winkie’s specifically letting me give them to these two because they knew we were friends. Such kind girls.
- Conversations with Lillian.
- Dairy Queen.
- Abby’s facebook messages
Yesterday was a fairy tale.
Started ballet late October of 2011 at the age of 23.
Began pointe training late August of 2013.