Over the past month and a half, I have been nominated for a blogging award by two different, extremely kind fellow-blogger friends. I rarely have time to get on my laptop, so it’s taken me a bit to actually get around to “accepting” this aware (Read: posting this blog) but I ask you please forgive my delay and enjoy this blog post anyway.
Mystery Blogger Award
I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award both by Anna “The Dork” as well as May, two people I absolutely adore and appreciate beyond what words are capable of expressing. This award, should you choose to accept it, is intended to be a way of betting wonderful, often not-well-known blogs out there and seen. (as well as appreciated.) If I’ve nominated you, you don’t have to “accept” it and do the post if you don’t want to, but it’s definitely a fun thing to be a part of!
Here’s the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Anna and May have been some of my greatest supporters. It’s been 2 year (today!) since this blog made the jump to wordpress and really started gaining some traction. Without people like Anna and May, I would more than likely be writing to a void. Which, I mean, I’d do it anyway, but it’s really nice to have support and feedback from people.
Anna is a fellow ballet lover who writes about the ins and outs of her experiences in the ballet world, whether it’s classes, recitals, realizations, you name it! She also has a great instagram account that’s candid and real. I love it.
May recently made the switch from a ballet-specific blog to one more about the beauty in life every day. (Don’t worry, it still heavily features ballet!) A kindred spirit, for sure, I greatly appreciate her posts and honesty.
Three random things:
- I have what some may consider and unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter. The muggles just don’t understand.
- I’ve journaled consistently since I was about 12. I have since filled over 60 journals, all of which I still have. (2011 went missing for 6 years, but was uncovered after Hurricane Harvey destroyed a storage unit of ours. Don’t worry, they made it!)
- I take a polaroid every day. I started this after reading a story of a man who did the same until the day he died of cancer, making it 18 years of polaroids. I began in March of 2015. It’s one of the coolest projects I’ve ever taken on.
(I’ll have 10 since I was nominated by 2 different people. Here we go!)
- If you were a soup, which flavour of soup would you be?
I’d be a good ol’ bowl of broccoli and cheese soup. Don’t ask me why because I don’t know.
- What causes you to doubt yourself?
Other people’s opinions; namely, if I can’t get them to understand something, and they’re in a position in my life where I hold their opinion in high regard, I begin to doubt myself.
- If time, money, distance, relationships and education were not an issue, what would be your dream job?
I’d write. Not sure if it’d be being paid to blog, or books, or articles, or what. But, dang it, I just love writing.
- What does your dream house look like?
Like the one I’m in. I live in a tiny house my Dad built me. It’s perfection.
- What dance move or style would you like to master?
I would love to be able to do multiple clean pirouettes.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
If you’d asked me this five years ago, you’d have a very different answer to the current reality. I never expected this. But I’m gonna ride it out and see what happens. That being said, I see myself happy, whatever I’m doing, and hopefully not any worse physically than I am now.
- What is your favourite place on earth?
Four-way tie between Rome, Amsterdam, the Bayside, TX cemetery, and my Aunt’s farm in Kansas.
- Why is your passion your passion?
I feel too much. It begs to be expressed. I’ll never be satisfied that it is fully and completely expressed, but I’ll do my darnedest to try and get there.
- Where (a place) does your heart draw you to?
- What is the wildest dream you ever dreamed?
I really want to be in a movie. Don’t know that I’ll get to that one. The whole ballet thing doesn’t seem to wild of a dream to have had since I actually accomplished it, but had you told me I’d do everything I did when I first began I never would have believed you.
Questions for my nominees:
- What is the one thing for which you are most proud of yourself?
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
- Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
- What your favorite song lyric you can think of?
- What’s something you didn’t expect to end up as wonderful as it did?
Chronicles of Grace: A fellow adult dancer who writes about her experiences, most recently including dealing with an unexpected (and heart-wrenching) injury.
imitationballerina: Originally began as a weekly ballet blog to track her progress in her return to ballet in 2014, but has become a Chaptered chronicle of her experiences in dance. Often candid and real, I super appreciate her writing style and honesty.
Zoe Inez : My friend from The Bush, she began writing about her experiences in ballet, and now writes as an invisible illness advocate and how that affects her life. Zoe was one of the main people to reach out to me about my own health issues and shed light onto what it might actually be. She’s been my inspiration to seek out answers and help. I owe her so much. Check out her story, she’s inspirational to say the least.
Dancing Recklessly : One of my absolute favorite dance blogs to follow. Her stories of her experiences in dance are incredible as well as inspiring. Let her blogs speak for themselves.
Right Here At The Barre: Alicia is another one of my longest dance friends and readers. She is a fellow adult ballet dancer that also dabbles in yoga and pole dancing. She writes about her ballet experiences and accomplishments.
I only have 5, instead of 10, but whatever.
Y’all don’t have to do this, but it definitely is a fun thing to be a part of. Thank you for writing and for following along. I appreciate having y’all in my life and the way technology brings us all together!
(Note: Upon finishing this post, I realize I was actually nominated for two different blogging awards. But I’m just gonna go with the one and roll with it. Six in one hand, half a dozen in another, right?)
As previously mentioned, today marks 2 years since I’ve been on WordPress. I’ve been blogging since 2012, but largely to an empty audience. My blog has grown and evolved as I have, and it’s pretty cool to see where I am now, what I’ve accomplished, and have hope for what’s ahead. Thank you all for being along for the ride.